Thursday, June 5, 2014

Few folks with iBeacon experiences

How i tracked house movements...
Next, I wanted to see if I could track movements in my own house as a simple test, without creating a custom app. I looked for a few apps that could detect the iBeacons and execute an action. There are a few apps capable of doing this – all of them somewhat limiting. The only app I found that allowed me to control what happens when triggering an iBeacon was an app called Placed.
Coding for iBeacons
One limitation iOS has, versus OS X and Android, is the inability to listen for iBeacon regions indiscriminately. The application must explicitly request monitoring for each and every UUID it is interested in hearing about. This is no doubt better for the user’s battery, but isn’t really spelled out clearly in the docs.

No comments:

Post a Comment