Sunday, November 10, 2013

So it begins, on to NodeJs

I have been hearing for NodeJs for over a year now and I haven't gotten around to learning it. To me, the little I know about it, the value to me is that you don't need a full blown app server to serve up for a pretty straight forward web page. The fact that the code is written in  java script is neither here nor there,  as I can easily learn a new language if that is what is required.  I have been saving this link for a while. The nodejs download page says:
Node.js is a platform built on Chrome's JavaScript runtime for easily building fast, scalable network applications. Node.js uses an event-driven, non-blocking I/O model that makes it lightweight and efficient, perfect for data-intensive real-time applications that run across distributed devices.
Within 5 minutes, i am able to execute npm at the command line.
npm -h quick help on  <cmd>
npm -l display full usage info 

npm faq commonly asked questions
npm help  <term> search for help on  <term>
npm help npm   involved overview
C:\Users\dmbl>node
>

Now, that you have reached the node '>' prompt, you can execute any JavaScript code by entering your code in this command line mode. However, you don't have access to everything you do in a web page in command line mode.

More resources and info:

No comments:

Post a Comment